Apollo Server context function executed every 2 seconds

Is it normal that the context function of apollo-server-express is constantly executed in an interval?

const server = new ApolloServer({
  typeDefs,
  resolvers,
  context: ({ event, context, express }) => {
    console.log('context')
  }
})

I can see a new log output in the console every 2 seconds or so.

Cheers

Do you have playground open and running introspection against your graph at an interval? (it does this by default)

1 Like

OMG, you are right @trevor.scheer

Yes, I use the Graphql Playground and as soon as I stopped it, the invocation of the context function stopped as well.

Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

Thanks @trevor.scheer, this answer is also very helpful to me!

1 Like

Same issue, in my case i must not close the playground because im trying to log in my user in playground by supplying the arguments.

in my case obviously i cannot continue due to this context continous running

try to authenticate the user, in my case because im not yet log in, i cannot get the access token result upon successful log in, and it gives me invalid access token as the context continiously executing

This is a setting you can configure in the UI or in your playground settings.

const server = new ApolloServer({
  // ... your other settings here 
  playground: {
    settings: {
      "schema.polling.enable": false,
    }
  }
});

While I’m here, I recommend upgrading to Apollo Server v3 and trying out Explorer. More info on our server landing pages can be found here: API Reference: Landing page plugins - Apollo GraphQL Docs

hi, I want to know how to trigger a function when the subscription starts in the apollo server. I mean when the listener stared?

I don’t see how your question pertains to this topic, can you please ask a new question?