MERN Stack Apollo Server Express 3.5 Authentication error sandbox explorer

Hello,

I’m a newly graduate of a coding bootcamp for full stack web development. I’m using Apollo Server 3.5, and am trying to follow the documents regarding HTTP headers and usage of your token within sandbox explorer. I am able to create a user and login to obtain a token. Trying to update the user gives me an authentication error.

I’ve tested this with Apollo Server 2.25 and the old playground works just fine to update the user. Any help would be appreciated. I will also continue to look for solutions.

In the Headers tab, I am using Authorization, Bearer {{token}}
In the Environment Variables tab:
{

“token”: “eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJkYXRhIjp7InVzZXJOYW1lIjoiVGF5IiwiZU1haWwiOiJ0YXlAdGF5LmNvbSIsIl9pZCI6IjYxOGM1M2QxNTYwYmNhZjNhMWY0YTQ2MiJ9LCJpYXQiOjE2MzY1ODY0NDksImV4cCI6MTYzNjU5MzY0OX0.pbcw9FwGqZ2IXDeo-FN67KmWVg0-5pMMemqdftDjyFM”

}

I was able to narrow it down, long story short, I fixed it. I can now update my user. The server.js file { AuthMiddleware } = require…, the function is authMiddleware. I capitalized ‘A’ so the the code on my server file had no real connection to the authentication function.