Cannot connect apollo studio to my localhost or a deployed endpoint

Hi,

I have deployed apollo server to my localhost and an endpoint on a server which is not available externally on the internet.

I cannot connect to any of them.

I have checked:

• Running queries with curl works
  • I do not see a CORS error in the Chrome console and I can see the header Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * in curl
  • npx diagnose-endpoint@1.0.11 --endpoint=… says that the endpoint is ok

I have tried checking in the network tab the requests but I cannot see them. How can you see them?

We have a proxy in our company and that could be the issue, but it would be great if I could see the errors in the network tab to know exactly what is happening.

Thanks

Ok, I found the solution:
to solve the issue just go to chrome://flags/ , search for “cors” and disable these feature:
Enable Cross-Origin-Embedder-Policy: credentialless

I have no idea why this is happening, but probably the Apollo team should have a look at it so we do no have to be changing our Chrome config

Thanks for reporting! Indeed perplexing. Any chance you might be up for a video call / screen share to debug? Would love to get to the bottom of this

Alternatively, if there aren’t sensitive credentials in the network requests, getting the HAR of network requests might be sufficient (right click any network request, “Save all as HAR with content” and attach the saved file to chang@apollographql.com)

Thanks.

I sent you the HAR file.

Is there any chance we can use the embedded server that Apollo server 2.x used to have.

We did not have issues with that.

Thanks.

Hey Chang,

Another piece of the puzzle is that our proxy should not be used for internal addresses e.g. localhost. I think it would not work. So maybe, because it is accessing https://studio.apollographql.com/ it thinks it is an external address and the way the server (localhost) is fetched is masked somehow.

Thanks

I’m experiencing a similar error. what should I do? I have deployed graphql in google cloud.

Ubuntu 22.0.4

Unable to reach server

Network requests from Studio on HTTPS to your HTTP endpoint are not secure, so we cannot reach your endpoint.

if studio cannot truly operate on localhost this is a big problem. all of our REST and SOAP endpoints are inside the firewall. I was hoping also to install studio to get our federated schema created with these internal endpoints.