Does Apollo client encrypts data before saving it in local cache and does cache storage a HIPPA compliance?

As per my understanding, Apollo client both Web (javascript) , and iOS stores local state data in local in-memory or sql-light cache and question is does Apollo client encrypts this data before storing ? and does this datastore a HIPPA compliance ?

Hi @Chaitanya_CK_Koranne, I can answer these from an Apollo iOS perspective. There might be slight differences with Apollo Client (web) or Apollo Kotlin.

As per my understanding, Apollo client both Web (javascript) , and iOS stores local state data in local in-memory or sql-light cache

Data is only persisted if you choose to use the cache feature of Apollo iOS. If you’re not caching anything then no data is stored on the device.

question is does Apollo client encrypts this data before storing ? and does this datastore a HIPPA compliance ?

No, the data is not encrypted when written to the cache. You are able to build and use your own cache provider though so have an encrypted data persistence store is something your team can do themselves.

Here is a link to Apollo’s data and privacy compliance - Apollo GraphOS data privacy and compliance - Apollo GraphQL Docs