Include GraphQL Swift Libraries in Documentation?

There are several Swift libraries implementing GraphQL, such as GraphQLSwift/GraphQL, but I don’t see any of them mentioned whenever GraphQL libraries are listed, for example in supported subgraphs page.

I’m not sure what the requirements are for having libraries listed, so forgive my ignorance, but if a library (like the one above or any other library I might not be aware of) could be included on these comparison pages, I think it would really help people to understand the state of GraphQL in Server-side Swift – which has been extremely promising for me overall, all things considered!

Hi @bdrelling, thanks for reaching out.

That list of supported subgraphs is more specifically for Apollo Federation-compatible subgraph implementations. It doesn’t look like GraphQLSwift is Federation-compatible though. If they are I’m sure we can work with them to be included on that list.

For a more general purpose list of server-side GraphQL implementations I would suggest https://graphql.org/code/. I hope that helps clear up why GraphQLSwift isn’t listed as a supported subgraph.

1 Like

Ah, this is great, thank you! And that makes sense. I figured I was looking in the wrong spot, but wasn’t sure.

That said, the library I linked to could be a good candidate for that list. I’m not involved with it at all, just enjoy seeing good resources publicized. :slightly_smiling_face:

Appreciate the help!