🗳️ Live Queries & Subscriptions user survey 🗳️

Welcome

:wave: If you have some free time and would like to share with Apollo your thoughts on Subscriptions vs Live Queries, please complete this survey.

Reference:Live Queries vs Subscriptions

Live Queries

Are you familiar with the @Live GraphQL directive or the concept of Live Queries?

• Yes
  • No
  • I’m interested in learning more

0 voters

Based on your knowledge of @Live or Live Queries have you been wanting to use them in your application?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • Don’t know enough about it yet

0 voters

Subscriptions

Are you familiar with GraphQL Subscriptions in GraphQL?

• Yes
  • No
  • I’m interested in learning more

0 voters

Based on your knowledge of Subscriptions do you use them in your application?

• Yes
  • No
  • Don’t know enough about it yet

0 voters

Subscriptions vs Live Queries

Could you envision using Live Queries in place of Subscriptions in your application? (select all that apply)

• I definitely could see opportunities to use Live Queries in place of Subscriptions.
  • I still have a lot of Subscriptions use cases, where Live Queries wouldn’t make a lot of sense.
  • I still don’t know enough about Live Queries, or the @Live directive to make this decision.
  • I see no use for Live Queries and would continue to use Subscriptions in my application.
  • I don’t need Subscriptions or Live Queries in my application.
  • Live Queries are interesting, but I have some implementation concerns to better understand.

0 voters

What could prevent you from using Live Queries in your application? (select all that apply)

• I have a lot of supporting infrastructure, events and/or existing code dedicated to subscriptions support.
  • I’m concerned about the cost of running Live Queries vs the cost of subscriptions.
  • I don’t see valid use cases for Live Queries yet.
  • Subscriptions work for my needs, and I wouldn’t want to waste effort and time to figure out Live Queries.

0 voters

Data

Approximately how much of your application data is behind some type of authentication?

• 76% - 100%
  • 50 - 75%
  • 25 - 49%
  • 1- 25%
  • 0%

0 voters

Do you currently use other real-time update mechanisms on the client to handle the invalidation / change detection of data?

• Yes
  • No
  • Not yet, but I’m interested in learning more

0 voters

Caching

Do you use any sort of cache control?

• Yes
  • No
  • Not yet, but I’m interested in learning more

0 voters

Hello Everyone! This survey is still open, so please share your thoughts on Live Queries if you have some time. We appreciate all the feedback!