Client generator not generating some fields for certain schema types

Hello there,

I’m having some small issues with the client generator gradle plugin.

It works for the most part, but there are certain fields for some schema types that seem to be skipped over/not generated/recognised and I can’t quite figure out why.

As an example I have this schema type:

type BookingLocation {
  id: ID!
  header: String
  name: String
  address: BookingAddress
}

but the address: BookingAddress field is missing from the generated BookingLocation class. At first I thought it was because it is a complex object, but it is just four strings:

type BookingAddress {
  address: String
  city: String
  postcode: String
}

Also, I have other complex objects like this that have been generated successfully:

type Contact {
  title: String
  firstName: String
  lastName: String
  fullName: String
  email: String
  phones: [Phone]
  address: Address
  medicalSpecialty: String
  company: String
  createdAt: Date
  updatedAt: Date
}
type Address {
  address: String
  city: String
  postcode: String
}

The BookingAddress class has failed to generated, and its associated field in BookingLocation, whereas the regular Address type has generated okay, as well as its associated field in Contact.

The only issue I can see looking at them, is that Address and BookingAddress are both the same in every way except for type name. They are both objects of four strings.

Could this be the issue? Is there some extra config I need to perform to overcome this?

I have a similar issue with certain Date fields not being generated where in other cases they seem to be generated okay. In the below example a class is generated with Date fields for start and end but the fields for updatedAt and createdAt are missing in the generated class:

type Booking {
  deleted: Boolean
  cancellationReason: String
  doctorName: String
  doctor: User
  appointment: Appointment
  start: Date
  end: Date
  patient: Patient
  patientId: ID
  bookingJourney: Journey
  createdAt: Date
  updatedAt: Date
  videoUrl: String
  comments: String
  reference: String
}

Can anyone shine any light on why certain fields are just missing from my generated classes?