Getting the graphQL hash

Hey all

Simple question im sure but im new to apollo-server. im creating a ApolloServer object, and pass into it several plugins.
I want to be able to view/use the graphQL schemaHash ( i need to write it to NR as a custom attribute. )
I can see theres a interface in apollo-server-types , GraphQLServiceContext with a schemaHash however im lost in how i can use it or more easily get the schemaHash and use in my plugin event requestDidStart

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

You can get it in your serverWillStart method. But I wouldn’t recommend it; it’s deprecated for a reason. A comment somewhere says:

* This function returns a not particularly stable schema hash derived from a
 * GraphQLSchema object. It works by running the `graphql-js` default
 * introspection query against the schema and taking a SHA of a JSON encoding of
 * the result. It is dependent on the precise introspection query returned by
 * `graphql-js` and some of the details of how that library returns its data, so
 * upgrading `graphql-js` can change its value. It was created for use in
 * apollo-server-plugin-operation-registry but it is no longer used there. It is
 * *not* the same as the hash used in schema and usage reporting, which is just
 * a hash of the schema SDL document.
 * For backwards-compatibility reasons, it is still calculated and passed to all
 * plugin hooks, but it is not a good idea to use it for anything.

What are you trying to do that you’d like to use this hash?

Hey thanks for this. Ive been struggling a little to get off the ground with the documenation.

Yes i found that and didnt know that it could only be used in serverWillStart. Although it’s depreciated can you perhaps show me how to use it?

I need/want to write the hash of a graphQL query as a custom attribute to newrelic, so if the graph is updated or changed ie version , queries can be differentiated from each other.