Error building swift project after installing apollo-ios client

I am using the apollo-ios client 0.9.5. After installation with the SPM package and adding the run script I try to build and get the error, Cannot convert parent type EnumeratedSequence<[Key]> to expected type EnumeratedSequence<IndexingIterator<Array>>, on the file Apollo\Sources\Apollo\Collections. Meaning this error is occurring with Apollo’s source code, not my code.

Hi @jsoneaday - my first guess would be the version of apollo-ios you’re using. The latest release is 0.50.0 so 0.9.5 is an extremely out of date version. I have noticed a bug in Xcode 13 where it isn’t recognizing the latest GitHub release tag and therefore not suggesting the most recent version.

I just created a new iOS app to test this out with 13.2.1 and the behaviour is still the same; it suggested 0.9.5 for me too, which is incorrect. To fix this you should edit the version of the apollo-ios SPM dependency to 0.50.0. It should all compile just fine after that.

2 Likes

Oh wow. I just assumed the one that showed was the latest one since that’s what I asked for latest minor. Thanks!

Hi,
I have same issue. Could you explain to me how I can edit the version of the apollo-ios SPM dependency to 0.50.0 . I couldn’t figure out how to do that myself.
That would help me a lot.

Hi @Annabell_12, it’s on the dialog below that you can change the version number. This should appear after you search for and select the apollo-ios package.

This is an Xcode 13 bug.

In Xcode, select your project settings not the target. There you will see the “Package Dependencies” tab.

Double clicking on the Apollo entry you can re-edit the version from 0.9.x to 0.51.x or the latest.